Translate

Friday, March 28, 2014

Cross- Stitch - Duck and Duckling Cushion Cover

I finally completed the duck and duckling design I started way back in December. Working on this pattern has finally brought home to me the fact that I am really growing older. My eyesight is no longer what it used to be; despite my glasses. When the pattern was almost complete, I discovered a wonderful method to circumvent this problem.  But, I'll reserve the method for another post.

So, here's the completed project.


I used Lagartera embroidery to frame the upper and the lower edges of the pattern. I'll post a chart when I complete the charting. It has given a lacy and exotic look to an other plain design. 

Update 29th Mar 2014: I have posted the chart as promised.

Here it is sewn into a cushion cover.